Holiday in Seychelles
Find Seychelles hotel deals
Search here... Compare prices
"For your best vacation in Seychelles
mix and match
the activities you like with
the best islands and beaches"
A great holiday in Seychelles starts with a good plan. Don't become a "captive" of the holiday resort. There is more to Seychelles outside the resort, no matter how great it may be. Enjoy it but...
The private Island holiday resorts can get pretty boring after 3 days of the same old, same old relaxation routine. Most vacationers want more out of their Seychelles holiday. So plan for more.
If you have a two-week holiday in Seychelles here is how you could spend it to see more of Seychelles and have more fun too...
- Spend the first 3 to 4 days of your exotic holiday on Mahe Island. Rent a car so you can explore to your hearts content. Mahe is 17 miles long and 3 miles wide. This will give you time to explore and enjoy the better Seychelles beaches. They are all on the west coast but quite far apart, so the need for a car rental. Don't rely on public transport.
See the 4 best beaches of Mahe Seychelles here. Choose your hotel so you stay near one of the best beaches of Seychelles. And print out this free map of Mahe and take it with you.
Spend an hour to a half day in Victoria. See the market, the museums and the two Cathedrals in the small town. They are all less than a hundred metres apart. So walk while in the capital. See this street map of Victoria and print it out.
Spend the last day in the mountains. At least drive through along the Sans Soucis Road. Stop off and enjoy the view from Mission Lodge. But do not leave your car unattended up there with valuables inside. You've been warned.
If you have the time and feel like a walk I would suggest a hike from the Tea Tavern to the hilltop of Morne Blanc (667m). You'll need 2 hours. The view over Port Glaud from there is superb. And the hike itself is fun.
- Spend 2 days of your holiday in Seychelles on Praslin Island - rent a car here too. Just explore. Drive around the island. It's only 7 miles long and 2 miles wide See the two special attractions on Praslin - The Vallee de Mai (May Valley) reserve and Anse Lazio Beach, both world famous. Then you'll appreciate why they get international acclaim.
Where to stay on Praslin? Stay on the northeastern coast preferably in the Anse Volbert-Cote d'Or area but the northwest in the Anse Kerlan area is also nice. Print out this map of Praslin. And use it with our compliments. It's your holiday. Go explore Praslin. It has been called the Garden of Eden. Perhaps you'll find out why...
- Next on your holiday in Seychelles spend one day on La Digue Island - Go by boat from Praslin. Rent a bike there and get around the island. This is the absolute best way. Don't follow the crowd here. When the crowd turn right, you go left. Cycle around La Digue - well, as far as you can go. It's only 2 miles long and a mile wide.
Best Seychelles beach - Ptit Anse LaDigue
If you follow the coast after turning left at the jetty you'll get to the end of the road in less than an hour. Hey take plenty of drinking water with you, and enjoy the view and the beaches along the way.
Then it's best to retrace your steps and cycle past the Jetty where you landed. This time after you pass the Catholic Church turn inland and start climbing. Here is a map of La Digue Island. It's free. Print it and use it with our compliments.
It gets steep here so you'll have to get off your bike and push, but that's not the time to give up. The island is only a mile across and a jewel awaits you the other side.
When I first saw Anse Lazio Beach on Praslin Island I thought I had died and gone to heaven but what you'll see the other side of those hills in La Digue will take your breath away.
Hey be careful on that bike on the downhill stretch. Some parts are very steep so I push the bike part of the way down. The first beach you'll see coming down the hill is Grand Anse, La Digue Beach. This is one of the absolute best beaches of Seychelles. After you've enjoyed this one, leave your bike somewhere safe. There is a small cafe there now.
You've got to see the next beach, in a series of three, just over the ridge - yes that ridge to the left as you face the sea. That's the stunner. It's called P'tit Anse beach. You'll see those 2 beaches ranked in our top 5 beaches of Seychelles.
Most of the visitors who came on the boat with you will never see those two beaches. They would get themselves sidetracked into some tourist trap. So stay with us. :-). Aren't we having fun on that holiday in Seychelles?
There are some other interesting beaches on La Digue like Anse Source D'Argent but nothing compares - nothing comes even close to those two. If you like the hills you might find the view from the top of Eagles Nest to be quite something. It's a short climb to only 333 metres. You go. I'll stay by the beach. :-).
Just stop and ask directions. With a population of only 2500 you'll find the people most friendly and always willing to help a visitor who's lost his way but always be very careful on those trails in the hills. It can get slippery.
- Two more nights of your holiday in Seychelles could be based on Mahe near the airport so you can experience some smaller islands on day trips. You could also use Praslin as your base for all the recommended day trips...
Anse Lazio Beach Praslin Seychelles
Find Seychelles hotel deals
Search here... and Save on your hotel
- One more day of your Seychelles holiday: Try a 5-star resort on one of the nearby islands - Cousine Island and Round Island near Praslin, or Cerf and St Anne Islands near Mahe in a marine park - If you like it stay 2 days and cut down on the next.
A note here: Cousine is the sister Island of Cousin the bird sanctuary, just a mile from it. It too has some very rare birds similar to those found on Cousin. It has only 4 luxury villas each for 2 persons on a 25-hectare (65 acres) island. So it is very exclusive.
- On the next 2 days of your vacation in Seychelles enjoy a bigger rocky private island. Choose between North Island and Fregate Island both about 200 hectares (500acres). North has 11 private villas and Fregate Island has 16. Choose either island for luxury living and superb scuba diving.
Bear in mind that it's not advisable to dive during the last 24 hours prior to taking your long-haul flight back home. So plan accordingly.
- Spend 2 more days of your holiday in Seychelles experiencing another kind of private island - a flat sand cay. Take your pick - Bird Island or Denis Island. They are both good places for fishing - blue water fishing. That's where you'll find record-breaking marlins and sailfish usually less than 30 minutes from the beach.
If you took the day trip to Bird and you're looking for more luxury, then go to Denis Island. It is bigger. Both are located about 30 minutes flying time from Mahe's Seychelles International airport.
Call Bird Island and Denis Island to make your reservation and arrange transfers. Sometimes it is possible to see and enjoy both islands on one trip in a circular route since they are only 10 minutes flying time apart.
- Perhaps leave the last half day or at least an hour or two of your holiday in Seychelles to shop for souvenirs in Victoria, and enjoy a cold beer at Victoria's most popular watering hole, Pirates Arms. You may also want to visit the Botanical Garden just out of town on Mahe Island.
Seychelles On a Shoestring...
Using this as a general guide will give you the chance to see and do more on your holiday in Seychelles. Do it. Enjoy it...
But if you come to Seychelles for the best fishing holiday of your life, then you should be heading to one of the Outer Islands like Providence, Alphonse, Desroches, Farquhar or even further still to Cosmoledo Atoll and spend a week there.
Best vacation in Seychelles - Denis Island
a good place for blue water fishing
Some of these islands provide no accommodation, and as camping is not permitted anywhere in Seychelles, you may have to choose a live-aboard yacht as your base, so you can enjoy the best fly-fishing holiday in the Seychelles.
But one thing I promice you: There you'll make such incredible catches that you won't be forgetting in a hurry. You'll be recounting your Seychelles fly-fishing holiday adventures to your great-grand children years later.
Mahe and the nearer islands really provide only mediocre fishing, although some record-breaking catches have been made. The virgin fishing grounds are really further afield, in the Outer Islands. Note: Spear-gun fishing is illegal in Seychelles...
If you have one month to holiday in Seychelles then you should charter a yacht, or join a small group on a charter, and sail and discover all the Seychelles Islands and all the Seychelles beaches, and explore the best scuba diving sites.
That would be a Seychelles holiday worth planning and waiting for. See the list of 155 Seychelles islands and the map of all the Seychelles islands groups that you may want to visit.
If I had one week only for a vacation in Seychelles I would still try to cram in much of what I would do it two weeks, but perhaps I would use helicopter transfers for the day trips.
But whatever you do, do not skip La Digue and Bird Islands. They are the jewels in the crown. Now go enjoy your best holiday in Seychelles. And see as many as you can of the 10 best Seychelles islands. And enjoy the beaches.
Enjoy a superb luxury holiday in Seychelles, but if you're on a tight budget then for you we have just the right cheap Seychelles holidays over here.
Related topics and articles to watch out for:
Seychelles beach holidays
Seychelles luxury holidays
Scuba diving Seychelles holidays
Fly-fishing holiday Seychelles
Seychelles islands vacation
Luxury holidays Seychelles
Sailing holiday in Seychelles
Cheap Seychelles holidays
Holiday - Fishing in Seychelles - GT capital
Best Seychelles golf holiday
Seychelles holiday offers
Don't forget to bookmark this page, so you can find it again.
- Use your preferred social bookmark and also share it below...
To top of page... Best vacation in Seychelles
Click here below to go back to...